(973) 668-9305 : email@example.com
In PDF form: Resume
Associate editor, social media, U.S. News & World Report, Washington, D.C.
- Write quick trending news stories for the Health vertical and others on occasion. Help manage the social accounts at U.S. News, specifically handling the consumer advice content and the Healthcare of Tomorrow conference accounts. Interview and assist with Facebook Live, monitor analytics and study social media trends. Since June 2016.
Associate editor, Industry Dive, Washington, D.C.
- Edited and wrote for Food Dive, Industry Dive’s food and beverage industry trade publication. Sent out morning newsletters, kept up with breaking news, managed freelancers, assigned stories, wrote features and short articles, tracked analytics and ran all social media accounts for www.fooddive.com. Also attended and covered industry conferences around the country. Helped launch an additional weekly newsletter for Food Dive called Food Dive: Ingredients. October 2014 – June 2016.
Contributor, Various publications, Remote.
- Write opinion pieces, TV recaps and quick pop culture news hits. Publications include The Washington Post and Elite Daily. Since August 2014.
Digital producer/copy editor, Asbury Park Press, Neptune, N.J.
- Monitored social media metrics through Omniture and Chartbeat and updated website fronts per results, posted AP wire stories, wrote daily polls, compiled “stories you missed from last night” features, livestreams, sent push alerts to mobile and tablet, created QR codes and organized reader photo submissions and posts. Additionally, I posted to social media through Spredfast and served as breaking news editor during early morning and weekend shifts. July – October 2014.
Life section intern, USA Today, McLean, Va.
- Reported and wrote standalone and companion content (photo galleries, sidebars, charticles, etc.), pitched articles and photo galleries, interviewed “American Idol” contestants and upcoming artists, worked live events and filed obituaries and timelines. February – May 2012, January – April 2014.
Intern, McClatchy-Tribune, Washington, D.C.
- Wrote and pitched stories for the special sections of this nationwide news wire service. Other tasks included interviewing, researching, working with publicists and transcribing. September – December 2013.
Reporter, American Journalism Review, College Park, Md.
- Helped revamp this award-winning print magazine into an online-only publication. Wrote and pitched blog posts and articles primarily on the social media beat. September – December 2013.
Digital editorial intern, Maxim Magazine, New York, N.Y.
- Web produced articles through CMS, participated in team reporting, headed copy for Today’s Girl features content, researched, pitched and wrote stories for Maxim.com. June – August 2013.
Campus editor, Uloop, College Park, Md.
- University of Maryland’s first campus editor for this community news website for colleges nationwide. Managed a team of over 15 writers. June 2012 – August 2013.
Editorial intern, Viacom Media Networks – Nickelodeon, New York, N.Y.
- Wrote all off-air copy for Nickelodeon and Nick Jr., including episode summaries, party invitations and apparel slogans. Went to meetings, edited presentations and reviewed potential merchandise. May – August 2012.
Entertainment editorial intern, College Magazine, Online
- Wrote and edited daily entertainment articles, hired and managed a team of writers and conducted celebrity interviews for this national online magazine for college students. August 2011 – January 2012.
Editorial intern, The Washington Post Express, Washington, D.C.
- Wrote headlines and decks, produced articles for the Internet and fact-checked for Express, the media subsidiary of what was formerly known as The Washington Post Co. January – May 2011.
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
Office assistant, Atlantic Health System, Morristown, N.J.
- Filed information for residents and attendings at Morristown Medical Center’s Department of Medicine while home on breaks. Assisted with billing, scanning files, making labels and putting together charts and binders. July 2012 – January 2014.
Communications assistant, Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center, College Park, Md.
- Organized and assisedt the communications and marketing office at the campus venue for theater, music and dance, as well as helped write pitches, fact sheets and press releases. August 2011 – December 2012.
- University of Maryland, Philip Merrill College of Journalism, College Park, Md. B.A. in journalism, English concentration. GPA: 3.76. August 2010 – May 2014.
- Maryland-In-London study abroad program, spring 2013.
- Multiple CMS, SocialFlow, Parse.ly, Tweetdeck, Facebook Signal, Spredfast, Chartbeat, Omniture, Google Analytics, Sailthru, HTML, iMovie, Final Cut, Audacity, Livestream and Adobe InDesign experience.
AWARDS & AFFILIATIONS
- Faculty-nominated and class-elected journalism commencement speaker. May 2014.
- Quine journalism scholarship recipient. June 2013.
- Teaching assistant for freshman journalism class. Create news quizzes and assist with lesson plans. August – December 2013.
- Alpha Phi Omega – Epsilon Mu chapter. National co-ed service fraternity brother. Since fall 2012.