(973) 668-9305 . email@example.com
Social media editor, Travel, USA TODAY, McLean, Va.
- Oversee social media content posting and strategy for the USA TODAY Travel vertical, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Compile, evaluate and present weekly social media analytics reports. Also write and report trending news stories for the section, create photo galleries and monitor social media opportunities for the rest of the team. Since November 2018.
Associate editor, social media, U.S. News & World Report, Washington, D.C.
• Help manage the social accounts at U.S. News, specifically the consumer advice content and the Healthcare of Tomorrow conference accounts. Edit social-oriented articles, interview and assist with Facebook Live, monitor analytics and track social media trends. Write trending news stories for the health vertical and others on occasion, as well as report longer health features. June 2016 – November 2018.
Freelance, Various websites, Remote.
• Write news and opinion pieces on topics like the LGBTQ community, culture and more. Publications include Washingtonian, The Washington Post and Into. Also created a weekly TV newsletter called The Antenna. Since August 2014.
Associate editor, Industry Dive, Washington, D.C.
• Edited and wrote for Food Dive, Industry Dive’s food and beverage industry trade publication. Sent morning newsletters, kept up with breaking news, managed freelancers, assigned stories, wrote features and short articles, tracked analytics and ran all social media accounts for http://www.fooddive.com. Also attended and covered industry conferences around the country. October 2014 – June 2016.
Regional producer, Asbury Park Press, Neptune, N.J.
• Monitored social media metrics through Omniture and Chartbeat and updated website fronts, posted AP wire stories, wrote daily polls, assisted with livestreams, sent push alerts to mobile and tablet, created QR codes and organized reader photo submissions and posts. Posted to social media through Spredfast and served as breaking news editor during early morning and weekend shifts. July – October 2014.
• Johns Hopkins University (Advanced Academic Programs), Washington, D.C. M.A. in writing, nonfiction. GPA: 4.0. Since May 2017. Expected graduation May 2020.
• University of Maryland, Philip Merrill College of Journalism, College Park, Md. B.A. in journalism, English concentration. GPA: 3.76. August 2010 – May 2014.
• Maryland-In-London study abroad program, spring 2013.
• Various CMS platforms, Social News Desk, SocialFlow, Spredfast, Chartbeat, Adobe Analytics, Parsely, Google Analytics, Google Trends, Facebook, Facebook Live, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, MailChimp, Sailthru, LinkedIn, HTML, iMovie, Final Cut, Audacity, Livestream and Adobe InDesign experience.
AWARDS & AFFILIATIONS
• Science journalism student award, Society for Neuroscience. November. 2017.
• Online News Association member. Since August 2017.
• Faculty-nominated and class-elected Philip Merrill College of Journalism commencement speaker. May 2014.
• Alpha Phi Omega – Epsilon Mu chapter. National co-ed service fraternity brother. Since 2012.